- Anno 1800
- Game Update
Anno 1800: Game Update 12
Release date: August 31, 6 PM CEST / 12 PM EDT
Download Size: 2 GB
Support for “The High Life”
- Game Update 12 adds support for our third Season 3 DLC, “The High Life”, for all Season 3 Pass owners. “The High Life” will also be available as a stand-alone purchase from August 31st onwards.
Ship arrival notifications
- Players can activate arrival notifications for ships sent to a destination in the same session.
- By keeping the ALT button pressed when upgrading, multiple buildings can be selected and downgraded
Send to NPC island option
- When sending a ship to a different session, players can now also select an NPC island
Items for “Tourist Season” & “The High Life”
- Several new items were added to the game, specifically targeted at the new buildings from “Tourist Season” and “The High Life”
Collapsable Trading Post UI
- The Loading Ramps of a Trading Post can now be collapsed, showing more goods at once
- New options were added to adjust camera sensitivity
- Bus skins can now be set at the Bus Stations like train skins can be changed at the Oil Harbor
- Fixed an upgrade exploit: To upgrade a building it’s now required to fulfill all Needs first. Therefore, increasing and decreasing the maximum population can no longer be used to upgrade buildings before all goods are provided.
- Improved visibility of Max Residents and Bonus Residents calculation.
Game Design Comment: Previously there were several items with an effect like “+10% additional population”. What the effect actually did here was that we made a list of needs that provide all +1 and then added as many needs for each residence tier that would in the end lead to the +10% population that was specified. With the Skyscraper, however, that is no longer possible because their population is too high. We now still give for example 5 more residents for investor residences for an item that claimed +10% but the skyscraper also only gets 5 which is not 10%. So we dropped the % line in the effect info tip.
- The explosion rate for “Tourist Season” buildings has been reduced
- The Move-in speed for Hotels has been increased
- Corn has been added as possible import good for the Docklands
- The islands list when sending a ship to a different region is now sorted alphabetically
- The production chains of Multifactories are now displayed like the ones for all other goods: The good’s icon is displayed in the construction menu, selecting and building it creates a Multifactory with the respective recipe active. The recipe can still be changed in the building afterwards
- Option added to disable disaster music
- The Luminaries , Bronze Age, and Icebound sets now affect Season 3 buildings
- The Oil Store is now affected by the optimization influence bonus in the Old World and Cape Trelawney
- Bus Stops are now listed under infrastructure in the Statistics Screen
- Docklands modules are now listed in the harbor category in the Statistics Screen
- Added Tourist population to ‘population over time’ chart in the Statistics Screen
- Added a new button to remove AI opponents during the game setup.
- Fixed the performance issues that appeared with “Tourist Season”
- Warnings are displayed again in info tips when trying to add invalid islands to Trade Routes
- Fixed several issues when connecting Docklands to a Bus Stop
- Fixed an issue where Achievements from”Tourist Season” could be unlocked without having the required Tourist needs unlocked
- Clicking on an “Exhibition has ended” notification now correctly leads to the region with the World’s Fair in question
- Fixed an issue in the statistics screen for restaurant effects that could appear multiple times
- Fixed some warnings that were displayed incorrectly in restaurant info tips
- Fixed an issue where manually planted trees could disappear after save and reload if they were built near buildings or roads
- Fixed calculation of residences fulfillment in the New World and Enbesa in the statistic screen
- Deactivated the Old World session shortcut during the Campaign’s prologue
- Restaurants are now in a different category in the statistics screen
- Greyed out items can now be added to the research queue
- Fixed an issue where the camera could get stuck when pressing the space button after a photo quest
- The “Work yourself to death” propaganda article is now canceled correctly after the time-out
- Buying military ships from a trader now correctly adds military strength
- Fixed an issue where Palace effects could stay active on upgraded buildings
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Tower could be set back to default skin after changing a recipe
- Added missing attractiveness info to the info tip in the construction bar for Multifactories
- Blueprint mode will no longer switch to building mode if a constructed building is moved
- “Tourist Season” goods now have proper pricing
- The inauguration newspaper now shows the correct name during the Tourist quests
- Added info tip to the population amount in the residence object menu
- Fixed an issue where the Tourist Ship did occasionally not arrive at the Public Mooring in Crown Falls.
- Fixed an issue where the same bonus was shown multiple times for residences in the statistics menu.
- Fixed an issue where buses occasionally got stuck into each other.
- Fixed an issue where Oil Tankers sailed to the Trading Post instead of the Oil Harbor when being manually sent to another region.
- Fixed display issues for the achievements “The Actual Art of the Deal” and “No Business like Ship Business” in various languages
- Fixed an issue in the campaign where the old fishing boat object menu remains selected after the second cinematic played.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘increased visits’ item search suggestion does not show any items.
- Fixed an issue where empty resident tiers appeared in the statistics screen after upgrading every single residence of the respective tier.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to apply notification filters by clicking on the checkboxes.
- Fixed an issue where the extra rations expedition bonus was inconsistent for new DLC goods.
- The recipes book toggle for “show recipe goods” now saves the state the user toggled it to.
- Fixed an issue related to the appearance of canceled item developments in the Research Institute.
- The unlock notification of the Venison Ragout recipe is now restricted to the Old World and Cape Trelawney.
- Fixed an issue where the “no warehouse in range” warning does not get displayed anymore if at least one input good is in range.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to demolish placed farm fields near mineral deposits.
- “Factory Inspections Act” now also affects Gas Power Plants
- Fixed a drag and drop issue for goods from the trading post to the ship
- Fixed an issue related to the airship selection. It is now possible to select it by pressing on its model without selecting something in the background.
- The building name now gets displayed when selecting a ruin, helping to find out which building this ruin represents.
- Fixed an issue for a missing info tip for queued items in the Research Institute
- Needs of Tourists and Scholars that require parallel progress with other residences are now shown as locked until they are fully suppliable
- Fixed an UI issue where the reputation value could be hidden underneath the Share window
- Fixed a UI issue with an offset silo background
- The active recipe name is now displayed for the Iron Tower in the statistics screen
- Fixed an issue during the “Tourist Season” onboarding where the street overlay was not visible for some cases
- Fixed an issue with missing street overlay for Multifactories without an active recipe
- Fixed several icon misalignments in the recipe books
- Fixed an issue in the Iron Tower’s object menu where the Tourist workforce slider icon can overlap with the Tourist number.
- Fixed an issue where nameplates in the object menu of Restaurants scaled incorrectly in windowed mode.
- Fixed an issue where the recipe book was layered behind the construction menu.
- Fixed an issue in the “Tourist Season” tutorial questline where one quest objective was overlapping borders of the questbook.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with the change region button in the ship object menu between the campaign and sandbox mode.
- Fixed an issue where the monument’s name is not centered in the construction menu.
- Fixed an issue where the equipped fish and fries recipe in the Restaurant’s object menu was overlapped by the tutorial panel button.
- The currently displayed region in the trade route menu gets now indicated.
- Fixed a shading effect in the docklands module selection that adjusted incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue in the statistics screen where entries in the finance category were shifted when the respective building was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the Restaurant’s object menu did not correctly reach the bottom of the screen when the building was on fire.
- Fixed an issue where the top right article of the newspapers was shifted in the archive.
- Adjusted the look of the flowerbed ornament icon to match its actual appearance ingame.
- Fixed an issue where the “Recipe unlocks have changed” notification incorrectly had a “jump to” button.
- Fixed an issue where the text was overlapping with the UI in the Hotel section of the Tourist’s tutorial panel.
- Fixed an issue where an info tip during the Orchard’s planting process was misaligned.
- Fixed an issue where the “set time of day” window was open on the first game start.
- Fixed an issue in the Achievements screen that allowed other UI elements to open in the background while clicking through the screen.
- Fixed an issue in the quest “Deep Blue – The Last Leviathan” where the escort ship info tip appeared when hovering over the shark.
- The tutorial screen is also now accessible through the Dockland’s object menu.
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where Palace policies could be affected by the attractiveness on other player’s islands
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where messages in the lobby chat twitched for a moment before being sent
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where the sound effect and visual highlight for selecting the same team number in the lobby was no longer present.
- Fixed a coop issue where a grey square occasionally appears before the coop eye icon.
- Fixed an issue where the quest “Waha Desher: Emergency Ahku” could be failed while finishing another quest
- The upgraded Public Mooring from “Tourist Season” can now also complete the quest “Capital of Culture” from “Sunken Treasures”
- The questbook entry for the Tourist quest “Nouvelle Cuisine” now appears in the questbook for both moderate sessions
- Fixed an issue where player were not able to unlock the “Age of exploration” recipe when interupting the Arctic storyline
- Fixed an issue where the Queen questline sometimes did not continue after placing the foundations and quitting the game.
- Fixed an issue where the tutorial quest “Settling New Lands” was listed twice in the questbook.
- Fixed an issue where the “Goodbye Old Friend” quest contained a wrong text in the questbook.
- Fixed an issue in the “Tourist Season” quest “Royal Toilet” where a Queen audio line was doubled in German.
- Fixed an issue where the Resident’s quest “Man Up – Dressing Down” contained a misleading hint in the questbook.
- Fixed an issue where the order of character messages was switched in quest “A Triffling Matter: A demanding guest”.
- Fixed an issue where players could miss out on their rewards when accepting Anarchist Defectors
- Fixed an issue with shadows occasionally flickering on low camera angles
- Fixed an unfitting background for the Arctic Ranger Station
- Fixed an issue where “Tourist Season” feedback units can occasionally lose their textures.
- Fixed an issue where the pollution effect did not scale correctly to the full resolution.
- Fixed an issue where the Monitor and Schooner ships were floating above the water when a certain skin from the Vehicle Liveries Pack was equipped.
- Fixed an issue where the Research Institute’s demolishing and relocation effect emitted too much dust.
- Fixed an issue where the texture of the saltpeter works was flickering on high distances on camera movement.
- Fixed an issue where oil tanker barrels were shining through the ship’s hull when crossing waves on high graphic settings.
- Fixed an issue where the background was occasionally not shaded when opening the save/load menu ingame.
- Added a sound effect when picking up the dancers during the recipe questline
- Fixed an issue where the sound of the Merry-Go-Round ornament was too loud on close zoom levels.
- Fixed an issue where the final upgrade sound did not appear for the Iron Tower monument.
- Improved the audio effect of the Chronicles in the History questline.
- Fixed an issue with silo sounds playing after pausing and closing production buildings
Localization & Text
- Fixed an issue with incorrect information in recipe effect info tips for the German localization
- Fixed a misleading hint in a speech bubble for Bus Stop connections
- Fixed some localization issues for the Orchard for German
- Fixed some localization issues for Restaurants for German
- Fixed a text issue that showed misleading information about goods consumption for certain items
- Improved the text in notifications for recipe unlocks
- Fixed a text issue for German localization where the word “Trade Union” appeared twice for the “Rainforest Park”
- Leveled Docklands goods now have an additional line in the info tip mentioning the quality of the currently equipped slot.
- Fixed an issue where quotation marks in the restaurant names were missing in several languages.
- Fixed an issue where the default name of the new trade route group was only shown in English.
- Fixed an issue where the Enbesa zoo and museum sets were not written in capital letters.
- Fixed an issue where the item “Dr. Maurice Slim” was missing a part of its description.
- Fixed a multiplayer display issue for Russian and Polish where spacing was missing between “Team” and the team’s number.
- The info tip for the options in the “Nouvelle Cuisine: Entree” recipe decision quest is now more understandable.
- Fixed an issue where wrong text was present in “The Epic of the Land of Lions” book for some languages.
- Fixed an issue where the description of Arctic ingredients in the Tourist recipe books was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the translation of the Ore Extractor and the Mechanical Panner effects was not present.
- Fixed an issue where a loading screen tip contained incorrect information in German.